Sadaria clothing is best worn with loose batik trousers or other type of men’s trousers. The shirt is usually made of cotton or silk; it has high collar of 3-4 cm wide. The shirt is buttoned down, with two pockets left and right at the lower part.
In many cases, the shirt has slits on the right and lower left side for ease of movements. Usually the slit is about 15 cm long. Nowadays the Sadaria has many variety of designs, such as embroidery on the collar, in the middle part of the shirt, or at the right and left side. Materials used are also varies, from linen, cotton, silk, or others.
Sadaria clothing is typically worn with a folded sarong placed on the shoulder (called cukin), a black traditional Malay cap (called Kopiah or Peci), and traditional sandals. Accessories such as stone rings and akar bahar bracelet (coral root bracelet) are also commonly worn.
Characteristics of Pakaian Sadaria:
- Shirt with high collar around 3 or 4 cm
- Buttoned from top to bottom
- With pocket
- With slit on left and right side about 15 cm long
- Materials used from cotton, silk and linen
- Variety with embroidery
- Paired with batik trousers or pantaloon pants
- Wear clogs slippers as footwear
In the past, Sadaria was used as everyday clothing and also in religious events. Nowadays however, it is worn in multi-events. There is no philosophical meaning behind the Sadaria. The cukin (which is typically has square pattern design) is a multi functions item. It can be used as sarong if one needs to pray, use it as a prayer mat, or even as a self-defence when fighting a robber or burglar.
- Loose shirt with Chinese collar, long sleeves with 2 pockets at the bottom of the shirt.
- Plain black Kopiah (black cap which are widely worn by Muslim men in Indonesia) with adjustable height.
- Sarong draped neatly around the shoulders.
- Dark colored pants accompanied with formal shoes, or loose batik-patterned pants with clogs slippers.
b. Philosophy: create image of a kind, polite, dynamic and charismatic man.
c. Function and use : worn as employee uniform at government offices, private companies and schools, as well as for various ceremonial events and cultural performances.